FORWARD has started their Social work since 1995 in Socio- economic issues management and has extended its work in formal Microfinance since 2002, when it was license from Central Bank of Nepal (Nepal Rastra Bank) and also it is regularly working different issues such as community development, Micro-entrepreneurship development, agriculture resource management, health hygiene and education, Irrigation user's committee issues management, action research, FORWARD's Microfinance and enterprises development and quick relief programs in Eastern part of Nepal likewise most of the programs has supported in Morang and Sunsari districts.
- To develop the microfinance services as autonomous and self- sustain institution.
- To aware the deprived, indigenous and poor people on conservation and management of forest, soil, and other natural resources, agriculture development, education, health hygiene and other social and livelihood practices
- To enhance the community skill for income generation and entrepreneurship activities
- To conduct need base various training programs to strengthen the condition of poor people
- To aware women on humanitarian rights of poor and vulnerable minorities
- To conduct welfare programs in the field of socio-economic, cultural, ecology as well as in humanitarian in various parts of Nepal
- To uplift the social and economic status of the deprived community through sustainable development.
Major objectives of the organisation as stated in the organisation’s statute/Act
- To uplift the social and economic status of the deprived community through sustainable manner.
- To aware the deprived, indigenous and poor people on conservation and management of forest, soil, and other natural resources.
- To promote high value crops, improved technology i.e. market led production and organic farming for agriculture development.
- To aware and conduct programme on child education, advocacy for education for the deprived, indigenous and poor people.
- To aware the vulnerable women and poor community on maternal health, HIV/AIDS and other health hygiene issues.
- To promote the social- economic condition of women through saving-credit mobilization.
- To enhance the community skill for income generation and entrepreneurship activities.
- To conduct need base various training programs to strengthen the condition of poor people.
- To aware women on humanitarian rights of poor and vulnerable minorities.
- To conduct welfare programs in the field of socio-economic, cultural, ecology as well as in humanitarian in various parts of Nepal.
Background of Organization
Forum for Rural Women Ardency Development (FORWARD) established in Paush 2051 (Dec 1994), it had been formally registered in 18 Baisakh, 2052 (May 1995). Additionally, it is licensed by Nepal Rasta Bank (Central Bank of Nepal) under financial intermediary Act in 15-paush, 2059 (Dec 2002), affiliated in social welfare council, NGO Federation of Nepal, also the organization has membership in many other Networks / Societies like NGOCC, RMDC, Local Trust Fund Board and many other related NGOs, INGOs and linkage with many other financial Institutions. FORWARD is located at Duhabi, Sunsari, eastern part of Nepal and also working as a non-governmental financial intermediary organization (FINGO). FORWARD is managed by compatible and committed women professional groups and works for backward vulnerable, indigenous people and communities on right based programs for empowering them in sustainable manner. FORWARD developed trust among their supporters through participation and partnership approach of cooperation of ideas, collective views in order to significant role in poverty alleviation and obligation to help against poverty through microfinance, social development and institutional development program. FORWARD raised their voices against the domestic violence of women, child and vulnerable community through mass awareness and advocacy programme. FORWARD conducted various social and livelihood programme in the field of community health, hygiene, improvement of traditional practices of agriculture productivity, livestock and entrepreneurship development. FORWARD enhanced capacity for small farmers and irrigation user’s committee people through various technical farming, irrigation operation/ maintenance and on-farm water management training in eastern region of Nepal. FORWARD conducted various socio-economic programmes in the field of MDGs education, health and poverty alleviation given priority to empower the deprived communities since 16 years. FORWARD has wide range of experiences in the field of education, health, water supply and sanitation, action research, and overall for livelihood promotion (agriculture development, natural resource management, forest development, entrepreneurship development, livestock development etc). To cover the above fields, FORWARD has set up the following major VMGOs: -
"Develop self-sustainable society through uplifting the socio-economic condition of deprived community."
"Assist in national economic development through quality and competitive financial services for improvement of livelihood condition of deprived community."
- To access the community resources and protect their human rights through advocacy of good governance.
- To conduct socio-economic development program such as micro-entrepreneurship development, agriculture and forest development, Soil, wetlands and environment conservation, education and health awareness etc.